RUGER AR-556 5.56 NATO RIFLE 16″ MODEL 8501
The Ruger® AR-556® semi-automatic, M4-style, direct impingement Modern Sporting Rifle offers consumers an affordable, American-made Modern Sporting Rifle with the rugged reliability they have come to expect from Ruger. Extensively tested during its development, the AR-556® is constructed from top-quality components, including forged 7075-T6 aluminum upper and lower receivers and a cold hammer-forged chrome-moly steel barrel with M4 feed ramp cuts. Chambered in 5.56 NATO, the AR-556’s carbine-length, flat-top, M4 design is fully configured with a Ruger® Rapid Deploy folding rear sight, milled F-height gas block with post front sight, forward assist, dust cover, brass deflector, telescoping six-position stock, improved trigger-reach grip, enlarged trigger guard. Standardized M4/AR components are utilized throughout, so the AR-556® can be customized easily.
- Caliber: 5.56×45 NATO / .223
- Stock: Black Synthetic, Collapsible
- Finish: Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- Front Sight: Adjustable Post
- Height: 8.00″
- Rear Sight: Adjustable Ruger® Rapid Deploy
- Weight: 6.50 lbs.
- Barrel Length: 16.10″
- Overall Length: 32.25″ – 35.50″
- Thread Pattern: 1/2″-28
- Grooves: 6
- Length of Pull 10.25″ – 13.50″
- Capacity: Model 8501 is the Canadian legal capacity variant of the 8500, featuring a 5 round rifle magazine.
- Twist: 1:8″ RH
- Width: 2.50″